Call for workshops
|The call for workshops is now
Please check the workshops page to remain updated on the status of accepted workshops.
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
The WoWMoM organising committee invites proposals for full-day or half-day workshops affiliated with the conference. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way than at the conference itself. All WoWMoM workshops are expected to enable stimulating discussions of state-of-the-art, emerging, visionary, and perhaps controversial topics. Workshops should be organised to promote lively interaction. Workshop proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to wireless, mobile, and multimedia networking, and workshops addressing emerging research directions in these areas are particularly welcome.
Accepted WoWMoM 2021 workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. We expect all accepted workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and reviewing schedule, as outlined in the dates indicated below. Workshop co-chairs will be interacting with organisers of accepted workshops to ensure a high quality workshop program.
Each workshop proposal must include at least the following fields:
- The full name of the workshop and its intended acronym.
- The names and addresses of the organisers (up to three, from at least two different institutions).
- A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest to WoWMoM at this time.
- Some consideration of the communities/groups the workshop intends to attract.
- The names and affiliations of at least ten program committee member candidates.
- The planned format of the workshop (full-day/half-day) as well as a tentative schedule that demonstrates the strategy to facilitate lively discussions and the involvement of the attendees.
- The names of potential keynote speakers, if a keynote speech is included in the planned format of the workshop.
- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organisers, numbers of submitted and accepted papers, and number of attendees.
- A tentative call for papers.
- A description of the planned activities for disseminating information about the workshop (e.g., CfPs) and the workshop website.
To request further information or submit a workshop proposal, please direct your message to any of the workshop co-chairs.
|Submission deadline for proposals||November 11, 2020 (extended)|
|Workshop organiser notifications||November 18, 2020|
The applicants should assume for now the following dates for workshop schedules (to be confirmed):
|Papers due by||March 1, 2021|
|Paper selections due by||April 1, 2021|
|Camera Ready by||April 19, 2021|
Platinum industry sponsor